The increasing population of the world is the biggest problem of today. With the increasing population, another problem is arising, which is the problem of food supply to this population. Nowadays the weather conditions are also not favorable for farming and crops, so that as before. The farmer is not even capable of producing crops. For the production of their crops, farmers have started using chemical fertilizers, toxic insecticides. These are harmful to both human health and soil. To stop all these things, if farmers use organic methods of agriculture instead of chemical methods, then these problems can be controlled to a great extent. So let’s define organic farming.
Know how to Make Bonsai Tree at Home | Benefits of bonsai
What Is Organic Farming
Organic farming is an ancient method of crop production. Let us tell you and define that organic farming is also called Carbon Farming. In organic agriculture, nutrients are given to the plants through the production of manure, compost, bacterial manure, crop residues, and various types of minerals available in nature. The most important thing is that in this type of farming, the elements found in nature are used as pesticides. Organic farming maintains the natural nature of the land along with maintaining the purity of the environment.
The most important thing is that in this type of farming, the elements found in nature are used as pesticides. Organic farming maintains the natural nature of the land along with maintaining the purity of the environment.
How To Do Organic Farming
We also call organic or organic farming indigenous farming. Mainly organic agriculture is done keeping the balance of nature and environment. Under this, chemical fertilizers, pesticides are not used in the production of crops. In its place, dung manure, compost, bacterial manure, crop residue, crop chuck, and minerals available in nature are used. To protect crops from various types of diseases, friendly insects, bacteria, and organic pesticides available in nature are protected from harmful pests and diseases.
In today’s time, different types of chemical substances are used by farmers in the production of any type of crop. As a result of which the production increases. But due to this, the fertile power of the land is continuously decreasing. Along with this people are getting affected by new diseases every day. Along with this, the environmental balance is getting disturbed. However, continuous efforts are being made by the government to promote organic agriculture.
Organic Farming Objectives
- The main purpose of organic farming define here is to save the soil’s fertilizer power from being destroyed. And to stop the use of chemical substances in the food items that we use every day.
- Providing such nutrients to crops, which are insoluble in soil and crops and are effective on micro-organisms.
- By using organic nitrogen and recycling by organic manure and organic matter.
- To stop the spraying of weeds, diseases in crops, and medicines to destroy the kit so that it does not harm the health.
- In organic farming, along with crops, care of animals, including their habitat, their maintenance, their food, etc. is also taken care of.
- The main objective of organic farming is to protect its impact on the environment. As well as to protect wild animals and protect natural life.
Organic Farming Benefits
There are two most important things in organic farming that are define here. First farmer, second farmer’s land. And adopting organic farming, they have a lot of benefits. Benefits of organic farming to the farmer and his land:
- By adopting organic farming, the fertility of the land increases. As well as the interval of irrigation done for crops also increases.
- If the farmer does not use chemical fertilizers in farming and uses organic manure, then the cost of planting for his crop is also less.
- The production of the farmer’s crops increases, due to which he gets more profit.
- The use of organic manure also improves the quality of the land.
- By using this method, the water holding capacity of the land increases, and evaporation of water also decreases.
- Not only does the water level of the land increase, as well as by stopping the use of chemical things. There is also a reduction in the pollution caused by soil, food, and water in the ground.
- Using animal dung and waste to make manure reduces pollution. And also, reduces mosquito and other dirt caused by it, thereby preventing diseases.
- If we look at the international market, then there is also a high demand for the materials produced by organic farming.
Nowadays our environment is also becoming very polluted and by using organic methods for farming. Our environment also benefits a lot. By doing organic farming, crop production increases, due to which the income of farmers also increases. The problem of agriculture will be solved as well as the physical level of the farmers will also improve. Most of the places in India are based on rainfall and nowadays the rainfall is not getting according to the time. Due to which agriculture also suffers. If farmers adopt organic farming, then this problem can also be overcome.
Organic Farming Disadvantages
- In this, the productivity of food items is very less.
- The yield of crops from organic farming is much less as compared to conventional farming.
- Organic farming requires more human labor than the use of modern machines.
- In this, along with skill, farmers have to have knowledge of all the components of organic farming.
- Organic farming takes more time than conventional farming.
Organic Farming Methods
Organic farming is a combination of ecological and modern technological knowledge. Along with the use of traditional methods of farming, mainly in agriculture. We can study the methods of organic farming in the field of agroecology. In the traditional way of farming, farmers use synthetic pesticides and water. Uses soluble artificial pure fertilizers, whereas, in organic farming, the use of natural pesticides .and fertilizers is opposed by the farmer. In organic farming methods, farmers mainly use crop rotation, organic manure, organic kit control, and mechanical farming, etc. To increase the production of crops by these methods, the use of the natural environment is also necessary. Such as correcting the level of nitrogen in the soil. Planting legumes to do this, encouragement of natural insect predators, rotation of crops, etc. is included in this.
Crop diversity is encouraged in organic farming, according to which many crops are produced at the same place.
Soil management is an important part of land management, using it we can increase the quality of the land. To do this, we need to pay attention to the type of soil and the characteristics of the soil.
Weed means unnecessary vegetation that grows on its own in the middle of crops or plants. And uses the nutrition available to the crops themselves, which is also disposed of in organic farming.
In this way, by the use of organic farming, production increases, as well as the environment is not harmed. And chemical-free food is also available to eat, which does not harm the health. In today’s time, we have many such examples, which have increased the production of crops manifold. This is the reason that even educated youths are leaving their jobs and moving to farms and earning manifold profits.