Machu Picchu facts. It is a historical site associated with the Inca civilization located in the South American country of Peru. On a hill above the Urubamba Valley at an altitude of 2,430 meters above sea level. Machu Picchu is also known as the “Lost City of Inca”. Machu Picchu is one of the most special symbols of the Inca regime, declared on 7 July 2007 as one of the 7 wonders of the world. Let us tell you that in 1983, Machu Picchu has also been included in the list of World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.
This wonder of the world was discovered in 1911 by American historian Shreyam Hiram Bingham, since which it has remained an important tourist attraction to date. If you want to know about Machu Picchu, one of the seven wonders of the world, then definitely read this article. In this, we are going to tell you the history, secrets and special things related to Machu Picchu.
1. History of Machu Picchu
During 1430 AD, the Inca built Machu Picchu as the official site of their rulers, but after a hundred years the Spaniards conquered the Inca and left it without being looted. Machu Picchu is a famous tourist place as well as a sacred place. The site also has special significance as a cultural site, because even after conquering the Inca, the Spaniards had not looted it and left it as such. Machu Picchu is built in the ancient style of Incao, using polished stones. There is an Intihuatana (Temple of the Sun) in Shuru and a chamber with three windows.
2. Secret of Machu Picchu
The more you explore the mystery of Machu Picchu, the deeper it becomes. To date, I have not been able to answer with full confidence why and by whom Machu Picchu was built. The most surprising thing is that the place was emptied sooner than it was built. Tourists who come here are very interested to know about the story and mystery of Machu Picchu.
3. Structure Of Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu is a very special and wonderful structure which is also related to aliens. Many scientists have said that such magnificent architecture cannot be made by humans. But the people of Peru say that their ancestors knew the best art, they have built this place.
4. Beauty Of Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu is at a height of 8,000 feet above sea level, above sea level, where going can prove to be very memorable for you. After seeing the beauty of Machu Picchu, you will know why it is a major historical and tourist destination in America. Traveling to Machu Picchu gives tourists a special experience. For this, you can travel by bus or train. But going here with the help of a helicopter will give you very different fun.
5. Machu Picchu World Heritage Site
Let us tell you that Machu Picchu was chosen as World Heritage in the year 1983 and one of the new seven wonders of the world in 2007. Machu is the most attractive place in Picchu which attracts tourists from all over the world. Along with this, it is a famous ruin of South America which welcomes millions of people for tourism every year. Due to development in tourism, development of nearby cities and environmental degradation, the tourists who come here are charged for visiting this place. The place is also home to a variety of extinct species. The Peruvian government has also taken several strict steps to protect the ruins over the years.
6. Machu Picchu Facts
- A theory came out regarding Machu Picchu stating that this place is used for sacrificing humans and their skeletons have not been properly buried. Let me tell you that many skeletons were found at this place without burial.
- It is said that after the completion of their work in the palace of the Emperor of the Inca civilization in the 15th century, they were buried at this place. One theory also states that this place may have had graves of state employees who were killed and buried after their work or service was completed.
- Machu Picchu is the old peak, which is related to the Inca civilization.
- No one has been able to tell this clearly that the Inca civilization is full of mysteries.
- Many thousands of skeletons have been found in Machu Picchu. But the most surprising thing about this is that most of these skeletons are of women.
- Machu Picchu is a very special place in Peru which was discovered in the year 1911. It is said to be related to the 13th century and a royal princely state but it also has its own religious significance.
- It is said about the Inca that the people here believed the Sun God to be their god. And it is said about the skeletons of the women found here that people used to sacrifice virgin (virgin) women to the Sun God.
- Some researchers point to Machu Picchu as an alien. They say that this place is not built by humans but by aliens. This place is also called Lost City because it was abandoned very soon.
- A researcher named Hiram Bingham, who discovered Machu Picchu in 1911, says that this place is the last place related to the Inca civilization. He also named it Wilcabamba La Vieja ie The Lost City.
- Regarding the skeletons of the women found here, some researchers also believe that women associated with the Inca civilization wanted to dedicate their lives to the Sun and come to this place and offer their sacrifices. But when the skeletons of virgin men were found after further search here, the sacrifice of women was rejected.
- It is said that when the people of the Inca civilization started to live here in 1430, Spain conquered the Inca and conquered it but later they also left this place.
- These are some of the most secret Machu Picchu facts.
7. Machu Picchu Location
8. Machu Picchu Photo Gallery
You will also like to read Top 10 places to visit in Ladakh | Best Leh Ladakh places to visit
Also read about Top 11 Places to visit in Meghalaya with Location