Malai Kofta is a dish that gets mouth-watering on hearing its name. By the way, koftas can be made in many ways. But Malai Kofta is a rich dish in which koftas are made from potatoes and cheese. You can also try this dish this time during a dinner party at home.
To make Malai Kofta Recipe, cheese, potatoes, and dry fruits are needed. After preparing the koftas from homemade cheese and potatoes, they are cooked in gravy made with tomatoes and spices. You can make Malai Kofta on any special occasion or special festivals.
For how many people: 2
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour40 minutes
Malai Kofta Ingredients
- 4 large potatoes, boiled
- 250 grams of cheese
- 50 grams of Flour
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes
- 200 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons raisins and cashews, big
- 50 grams of cashew paste
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Kitchen King Masala
- 1 tbsp Kasoori methi (fenugreek), big
- 1 tbsp sugar
How to Make Malai Kofta
To make kofta
- Keep the boiled potatoes in the fridge for four to six hours.
- Doing this will make it easier to make koftas.
- Now mash potato, cheese, and flour
- The mixture should neither be too soft nor too hard.
- Cut the raisins and cashews into small pieces. Also, add half a teaspoon of sugar to it.
- Heat oil in a pan. Make balls of the cheese mixture and fill the dry fruits inside.
- Fry the koftas. If they burst, remove them and apply dry flour, then fry them.
Make delicious PASTA RECIPES IN RED SAUCE AT HOME | DELICIOUS RECIPE
To make gravy
- Fry the onion, ginger-garlic paste, and tomato paste.
- Then add cashew paste to it. Also, add two tablespoons of hot milk to the paste.
- Add all the dried spices except the pure Kasoori methi.
- Fry until the smoothness leaves from the edge of the mixer.
- Then add half a cup of water to it. When the gravy becomes slightly thick, add cream, one tablespoon sugar, and Kasoori methi.
- Leave the gravy on low flame. When the edges start to get smooth, add fried koftas. Serve hot with roti.
If you want to fill cream in the koftas, then use homemade cream and keep the cream out of the fridge at least 15 minutes before.
Apart from this, you can try our other recipes CHILLI PANEER RECIPE, STEP BY STEP GUIDE, FULL RECIPE.