Black Forest Cake Recipe. This is a layered chocolate sponge cake recipe made with cherries and cream. Traditionally, this is a German Dessert, which is known as the Black Forest Cake. This recipe is the most popular cake recipe and is also considered the king of cakes. It is usually made in the manner of a chocolate sponge cake, but there are many ways to make it.
Nowadays I have started liking the chocolate cake of Black Forest. I used to make the simple chocolate cake on any occasion but since I learned this simple recipe, I started making it. Like the rest of the cake recipes, it has no hardness and there is moisture in the middle of each layer as it contains cherry syrup. If the cream is also mixed with this cherry syrup, the cake tastes delicious.
I would like to suggest some tips for making Black Forest Cake Recipe. I have made a four-layer cake in this recipe by adding cream and cherries. If you want, you can also make 2 cakes by cutting them into 2 pieces. Applying too much cherry syrup causes the cake to deteriorate. You can keep the cake in the fridge for as long as you want. Keep in mind that the sponge cake should be cold before the icing, otherwise, the cream will melt and will not stick to the cake.
Know delicious RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE MADE AT HOME
Preparation Time: 30 MINUTES
Cooking Time: 2 Hours
Total Time: 2.30 hours
Double the ingredients to prepare 2 cakes for 4 layer Black Forest Cake Recipe
For Chocolate Cake Preparation :
- 1 cup powdered ground sugar/icing sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/vanilla essence
- 1¼-1½ cups buttermilk or 1½ cups hot milk + 1 tsp vinegar
- ½1½ cups all-purpose flour / plain flour
- ¼ cup unripe cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For Cherry Syrup:
- 4 cups cherries
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
Make another FRESH STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPE AT HOME
- 2 cups thick cream, 35% milkfat
- ¼ cup powdered sugar/icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / vanilla essence
For Cake Decoration:
- 1-bar dark chocolate,
- For curl – 9 cherries
Black Forest Cake Recipe Preparation
Baked Twice for 4 Layer Black Forest Cake
- In a large bowl take 1 cup of powdered sugar and 4 cups of unsalted butter. You can also use normal butter, but do not add salt later.
- Stir the mixture by running the blender or whisk in one direction until the mixture becomes smooth.
- The mixture changes from yellow to white.
- Now add vanilla extract and buttermilk. (Or, add 1½ cups of warm milk + 1 tsp vinegar instead of buttermilk)
- Mix everything well.
- Now with a sieve, sieve 1½ cups flour, ¼ cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
- Gently cut and fold the air bubble without boiling.
- Also, add more buttermilk as needed. Make sure the batter is ready.
- Preheat the oven at 180 ° c for 10 minutes and place the cake batter inside the cake mold (diameter: 7 inches, height: 4 inches).
- Apply butter paper to the bottom and sides of the tray to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Double-tap to spread evenly and remove any air bubbles if present.
- Bake the cake at 180 ° C or 356 ° F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- To see if the cake is fully baked, always put a toothpick in the middle and see if it is clean. If it is not clean, bake for 5 minutes.
- Cool the cake completely. Put the cake in a cooling rack to cool faster.
Cherry Syrup Recipe:
- In a small saucepan take ¼ cup cherries, ½ cup water, and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Turn on the stove and dissolve the sugar.
- Boil the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Check if the cherry has softened.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, cut the cherries into pieces and allow them to cool completely.
Cake Frosting Recipe
- In a large bowl take 2 cups heavy whipping cream or thick cream and 4 cups powdered sugar.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and beat.
- Whisk until the cream is thick, smooth, and swollen.
- Frosting appears to have thick peaks.
Making black forest cake
- Cut the cake into 2 equal parts.
- I have 2 cakes, resulting in 4 layers of cake.
- Now place 1 layer on the turning table.
- Add 2 tsp of cherry syrup ready to make the cake moister.
- Spread the prepared frosting in a good amount.
- Place another layer of cake and add more cherry syrup.
- Spread frosting and put some chopped cherries in the center.
- Do the same for the third and fourth layers.
- Start spreading frosting on the corners of the cake.
- Using a knife, spread the frosting well.
- To spread it well, keep rolling the cake while applying to frost.
- Note that no pieces are visible from the middle of the icing.
- Remove the chocolate and make chocolate curls and keep it in the center.
- Stick more chocolate curls in the corners of the cake.
- Garnish the cake by placing cherries in the center with the help of a piping bag.
- The Black Forest Cake Recipe is ready to be cut and served.
- It can be consumed for at least 3-4 days by keeping it in the fridge.