Doing regular yoga keeps you fit and healthy. The problem of obesity can also be overcome with yoga. Some asanas of yoga such as Paschimottanasana, Ustrasana, Dhanurasana, Bhujangasana, Urdvahastohatattasanasana, etc. are all beneficial for weight loss.
Yoga keeps you fit both physically and mentally. By doing yoga, the body becomes strong, muscles are toned and weight is also reduced. Yoga not only reduces the fat stored on the body and helps in weight loss but also makes the body flexible so that you stay healthy. By doing yoga regularly, you lose weight and also come in shape.
In this yoga posture, the shape of the body normally becomes a bow drawn, that is why it is called Dhanurasana. Dhanurasan reduces stomach fat. This causes exercise of all internal organs, muscles, and joints.
How to do Dhanurasan
- To do this, first of all, lie on your stomach.
- Then, connect the two legs to each other.
- Bend both legs with your knees.
- Hold the ankles of both feet with hands by keeping a gap of one foot between the knees and the toes.
- With the help of hands, raise the knees, thighs, and torso of both feet above the facility and as per the convenience.
- Keep breathing comfortably.
- In this position, stop for a comfortable period and return to the previous position.
- Tones the leg and arm muscles.
- Dhanurasana corrects the shape of the spine.
- It helps to cure serious problems like gastrointestinal problems.
- Relieves menstrual discomfort and constipation.
- Treat asthma and respiratory diseases.
- Strengthens ankle, chest, waist, and thighs, and all abdominal organs.
- Improvement in the function of the heart, pancreas, small intestine, and large intestine.
- Strengthens and flexes the back and spine.
- Dhanurasana cures diabetes, asthma, and sugar diseases. Improves blood circulation.
This asana is very effective in reducing abdominal fat. With this asana, all the muscles of the body are stretched.
How to do Paschimottanasanv
- To do this, sit with the legs spread out in front of you, now keep the palms on your knees.
- Raise your hands upward while breathing, and pull the waist straight upward.
- Now while exhaling, bend forward and with the hands toe Grab and put the forehead on the knees.
- Keep in mind that the knee should not bend.
- And try to plant elbows on the ground.
- This asana calms the mind and also relieves stress.
- Doing this provides a good stretch to the shoulders, spine.
- Regularly practicing this asana improves digestion.
- Help reduce anxiety, headaches, and fatigue.
- High blood pressure, insomnia, infertility, and sinusitis can be cured by this asana.
- It is beneficial to increase appetite and reduce obesity (especially abdominal fat).
This asana is very beneficial in reducing abdominal fat, thinning the waist and strengthening the shoulders, and widening the arms. It has great importance in making the body flexible and shapely. Bhujangasana is also known as Cobra pose. Because it creates a snake-like pose that spreads the funnel in appearance.
How to do Bhujangasana
- To do this, lie down on the ground on the stomach.
- Now, with both hands, lift the upper part of the body from the waist upwards, but the elbow should be bent.
- The palm should be open and spread on the ground.
- Now move the face upwards without moving the rest of the body.
- Stay in this posture for some time.
- There may be increased strength and flexibility in the spine.
- The ability of all the organs present in the lower abdomen can be increased.
- The digestive system, urinary tract problems go away and sexual strength can increase.
- This yoga improves metabolism and may help in weight loss.
- The lower part of the waist can be strengthened.
- The lungs, shoulders, chest, and lower abdomen can get a good stretch.
- The tension stays away. It can also help to fight depression.
- Blockage of the veins of the lungs and heart may also help in the opening.
- Relief can also be found in sciatica and asthma disease.
Purvottanasana-Upward Plank Pose
This posture helps in reducing fat. It is a good posture to make the lower part of the body and arms shapely. This keeps the body flexible.
How to do Purvottanasana
- To do this, spread your legs towards the front and sit up straight.
- Keep in mind that the claws are connected and the spine must be straight.
- Now raise the lower part of your waist upward by resting both hands on the ground.
- After remaining in this state for a few seconds, return to normal.
- This makes the wrists, arms, shoulders, back, and spine strong.
- Exercises of legs and hips are done.
- This asana improves the respiratory process.
- Stretches arise in this asana in the intestines and abdominal organs.
- This asana stimulates the thyroid gland.
Abdominal fat is reduced by doing Kapalabhati Pranayama.
How to do Kapalbhati
- To do this, sit in any posture of meditation.
- Place both the palms on the knees in the jnana mudra.
- Close the eyes loosely.
- Exhale out of the nasal tube with a slight shock and inhale effortlessly through the nasal passages.
- This is a frequency of Kapalbhati.
- Do a cycle of its 25 frequencies.
- After one cycle, take two to three deep breaths and practice the second cycle.
- Gradually increase the number of cycles.
- It is most effective in reducing belly fat. By practicing this yoga every day, excess body fat is reduced and also helps in weight loss. By doing its regular practice, stomach-related problems like constipation, gas, acidity are also overcome.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama has the greatest effect on the body and mind, as it brings positiveness by removing negative elements from the mind.
- Has the ability to overcome all types of problems such as thyroid, skin diseases, eye problems, dental problems, women’s problems, diabetes, cancer, normalization of hemoglobin, kidney strengthening.
- Do not do this asana if you are a patient of high blood pressure or are struggling with hernia or heart-related diseases.
By doing this asana, the muscles are strengthened and the belly fat decreases. Brings flexibility to the internal organs of the body. Gives peace to the body and mind. In addition, it stretches the knees and muscles.
How to do Balasan
- To do this, sit on the ground on the knees and put the whole body on the ankles.
- Take a deep breath and lean forward.
- Keep in mind that your chest should touch the thighs, now try to touch the floor with your forehead.
- Stay in this state for a few seconds and come back to that state.
- Balasana brings slight hiccups to the hips, thighs, and ankles.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve tension and mild depression.
- When Balasana is done by supporting the head and torso, it is then done in the back and neck.
- Relieves pain in the body.
- Balasana relaxes the entire body.
Camel is made in Uttrasana. That is why it is called Ustrasana. If the stomach is out of excess, then this yoga affects your stomach, waist, chest, and arms.
How to do Ustrasana
- To do this, sit in Vajrasana and stand on your knees.
- Keep the section from knees to waist straight and bend the back towards the back and grab the ankles of the feet with your hands.
- Now tilt the head backward.
- Ustrasana not only stretches your whole body but also improves digestion and reduces constipation. Not only this, but this yoga also reduces fat by toning the stomach and helps in weight loss. With the strengthening of the waist and shoulders, lower back pain is also relieved.
- Ustrasana relaxes in the thyroid and stimulates the endocrine glands. Fat decreases with thighs. Also, the arms are strong. From the Ustrasana the Spine gets its rest. It ends with stress and nervousness.
- Together it also brings flexibility to the spine. Ustrasana also loosens the vertebrae. To increase energy in the body, to improve fitness and overall health, Ustrasana must be done.
This action makes the digestive process strong. Along with this, reducing the fat of the stomach removes obesity and it is also beneficial in constipation.
How to do Agnisar
- This pranayama can be done in three ways by standing, sitting, or lying down.
- Can be done by sitting in Siddhasana with both hands on both knees.
- To do this, stand and open the legs slightly and place your hands on the thighs.
- Stop the breath.
- Then do stomach pumping i.e. pull the stomach in, then release.
- Agnisara is a very effective yoga practice for reducing abdominal fat. Especially after pregnancy, women bear a good weight. This activity is very accurate for women. Keep in mind that such women should practice this yoga only under the supervision of a specialist. By practicing this yoga regularly, not only does it reduce abdominal fat, but can also help with weight loss.
- By practicing this regularly, the secretion of enzymes starts in the stomach in the right amount, which makes the digestive system strong. It also makes your abdominal muscles strong.
- By practicing this Pranayama, the pancreas begins to produce insulin properly which plays a big role in reducing the amount of sugar in the blood.
- It helps in the digestion of food and helps to overcome the complaints of constipation.
While doing the butterfly stretch, the pose becomes like a butterfly. Therefore, this asana is called butterfly posture. This yoga affects the stomach and thigh. If you have more fat on your thighs and legs then do this asana.
How to do Butterfly Stretch
- To do this, bring the ankles as close as possible by folding both feet with knees and mixing the soles together.
- Holding the knees with hands, raise the knees and mix them together and press down towards the ground.
- Do this exercise 3-4 times.
Butterfly Stretch Benefits
- Butterfly asanas are a very good stretch for people of all ages and the benefits of doing butterfly asanas are many.
- It acts to calm the mind by removing tension.
- The practice of butterfly posture also removes body fatigue.
- Butterfly posture makes the pelvic area strong.
- Butterfly asanas are a very good asana for pregnant women. This reduces pain during delivery.
- Butterfly asanas are beneficial in correcting the problems related to the menstruation of women.
- This asana brings flexibility to the body.
If you want to reduce belly fat, then Urdhava Hastotanasana is a very good posture for you. This reduces belly fat, waist, and hip fat. This will make your waist slim and figure. It also makes the digestive system healthy and removes the complaints of constipation.
How to do Urdhava Hastotanasana
- To do this, open the legs slightly by standing up.
- With the help of your hands, lift it above the head.
- Breathe out and tilt the waist to the left side.
- Do it on the other side as well.
Urdhava Hastotanasana benefits
- This asana helps to increase the height, so this asana should be practiced daily. People who have shorter heights than normal may often develop a sense of inferiority. If it is due to genetic reasons then you cannot do much more in it and it is necessary to know that every person is nature and creation of God. And it is respectful of nature to always see itself as a beautiful work of God.
- Regular practice of this asana cleanses the intestines. In human anatomy, the intestine is the part of the alimentary canal that extends from the stomach to the anus, and in humans and other mammals, it is divided into two parts. In the form of the small intestine and large intestine.
- With the practice of this asana, the entire body remains fit and active and the person is not weary of work. The meaning of health is different for different people. But if we talk about a universal view, then to call ourselves healthy means that we are able to successfully manage all the social, physical, and emotional challenges in our life.